Like a lush green meadow that has stood forever green for countless centuries, you can create evergreen content to provide your business with long term leads for a long time to come.
Lead generation is one of the key goals for many businesses when it comes to content creation because leads turn into sales and revenue. And evergreen content can help your business profitably generate leads for years to come when you create good evergreen content that speaks to your market.
In this post, you will learn what evergreen content is, some of the many benefits this content provide, and how to research and write evergreen content as well.
1. Evergreen Content Can Be An Important Factor For The Success Of Your Business
Sujan Patel said in a Search Engine Journal article: “Now, the overall goal of evergreen content is to create posts that will benefit your audience for a longer period than a single time-sensitive read.”
“However, it’s worth acknowledging here that very few posts can be created that will remain perfectly up-to-date over time without a little assistance for you,” Mr. Patel said.
First, evergreen content is just the opposite of trendy content designed to echo the latest buzz. With this trendy type of content, you can attract a lot of attention very quickly. But almost just as quickly the trend or buzz fades and so does the relevance of your content.
Now, trendy content does have it place in the content marketing mix, and it can be an excellent way of attracting some fast attention to your business and brand.
On the other hand, one of the main features of evergreen content is the fact that it’s almost timeless in nature, when compared to the more trendy types of content. This timeless nature of good evergreen content makes it useful and relevant to your market months and even years down the road.
And if your evergreen content is truly in-depth, as it should most certainly be, your readers will not have to look anywhere else for the answers they need to their questions. And this fact will create in them some very positive feelings for your business making them more likely to buy your products and services.
2. Effective Research Is An Important Key To Creating Awesome Evergreen Content
The first step in creating good evergreen content, or any content for that matter, is good research. Good research adds more weight and authority to anything you write, making it much more engaging and credible, even if you are an expert on that subject yourself because it gives your work more objectivity.
Also in doing research, it’s best to look for primary sources rather than secondary sources. During this research you’ll be looking for such things as:
- Expert quotes on the topic
- Statistics and data on the topic
- Case studies on the topic
- Stories related to your concept
- Expert ideas on the topic
In short, you will be looking for data and information that will add weight and authority to your content and prove your points. This research will take into consideration what it is your audience wants most and will include doing such things as:
- Studying your audience demographics and buyer personas.
- Reviewing site analytics to find out what pieces of content had the most views.
- Doing surveys of your customers and reviewing customer services information.
- Developing good buyer personas that detail the problems and concerns of your market.
- Researching your industry to find out what type of evergreen content is currently being created and used.
- Studying your competitors to find out what they are producing and how you can do it better than them.
- Researching a number of overview articles on the subject that you plan to write about.
Now, these are just some of the many ways you can research the type of evergreen content you should be creating. But the key idea here is to do good research so you can create content that answers your markets questions, and speaks to their needs and concerns.
3. Writing Great Evergreen Content Can Generate A Regular Flow Of Leads For Your Business
After you’ve done your research, the writing of your evergreen content will almost take care of itself. But here are a few helpful tips on how to write your content:
- Research a number of overview articles on the subject that you plan to write about.
- Extract some of the key elements of the overview articles that you researched and develop a new slant, angle, or perspective on the subject.
- Develop a strong benefit driven headline for your content piece that tells readers what the piece is about.
- Do some in-depth research on your topic to find facts, data, quotes, and statistics to prove the points in your content.
- Develop a simple bulleted outline for your content piece to keep you on track during the writing process.
- Write a good introduction that hooks the reader and pulls them into your copy, because after the headline the introduction is the next most important content segment.
- Write the body copy of your content dividing it up into manageable sections using good subheadlines that provide the reader with a benefit for reading each section.
- End your content with a good conclusion that summarizes what you covered in your body copy. You can also use a similar phrase or term that you used in your introduction in your conclusion to bring the reader full circle.
- And also be sure to include a strong call to action in your conclusion.
Of all of the different types of content that you can use to market your business, one of the best types of content you can ever use is evergreen content because of its timeless nature.
And as a long term lead generating magnet, evergreen content is a very powerful content marketing force that has very few equals. So, you can use your great evergreen content to build your business today and for a long time to come as well.
Creating the content you need can be a time consuming and frustrating process. But it doesn’t have to be because I’m here to help you. Contact me today for the content you need!