One awesome way to sell your products and services is by using an explainer video. What is an explainer video? It’s a 60 to 90 second animated video that can help you sell your products or services.
In fact, 64% of all businesses believe that video has directly led to increased sales. One reason for this is that the brain process visual information 60,000 times faster than it process written information, according to Psychology Today.
In addition, the use of video as a marketing medium has some quite remarkable statistics, such as:
- Shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers
- 51.9 percent of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
- Retailers cite 40 percent increases in purchases as a result of video
- 64 percent of people in the U.S. own a smartphone
- Mobile shoppers are 3 times as likely to view a video than desktop shoppers
As you can clearly see from the above data, using video to help you sell your products and services can provide you with some great marketing returns fast.
The first step to producing an effective explainer video is to create a great explainer video script. This post will provide you with some guidelines on how to write a great explainer video script to help you produce an awesome explainer video.
1. Develop A Creative Brief To Act As Your Blueprint To Keep You On Track
Just like a builder would not try to build a house without a blueprint, you should not try to write an explainer video script without a good blueprint. The blueprint for your explainer video script will be your creative brief.
This creative brief will help you to get your creative ideas flowing and act as your blueprint throughout the writing process. Your creative brief should answer such question as:
- What is your 60-second elevator pitch?
- What market do you want to reach?
- What problem will you solve for them?
- What are your product/service features?
- What are your product/service benefits?
- How does your product/service work?
Your creative brief can be as detailed or concise as you like. But just be sure to at least cover these key areas above.
2. Learn The Basic Explainer Video Script Format To Create Scripts Quickly
The basic explainer video script format is very simple. And once you’ve mastered this basic format, you will be able to crank out awesome explainer video scripts with ease.
Here’s the basic explainer video script format that you’ll be using to write your awesome explainer video scripts to help you effectively sell your products and services:
1. Introduce the problem your product or service solves. For example, people who buy drills don’t just want holes. They generally want a quality job and time savings.
One good way to introduce the problem is to create a character, give them a name, and then detail what they are going through because of the problem they face, using a strong emotional appeal.
2. Introduce the solution that your product or service provides. In short, clearly and simply tell them how their life will be better, happier, richer, etc., by using what you have. However, don’t go into a lot of technical details and keep it clear and simple.
Plus, be sure to focus on the benefits of your product or service rather than the features, because people don’t by features they benefits in the form of solutions to their problems.
3. Create a motivating call to action. This is where you tell your market where and how to get your product or service.
For example: To get this [product or service} and solve [this problem] quickly:
- Visit us online at: http://www.ourwebsite .com now!
- Call us today at 555-55-5555 to order yours!
- Visit your closest Walmart or Rite Aid today!
Your call to action, while the easiest part of your script to write, is also one most important part’s as well. So use a little flare and creativity when writing your call to action.
3. Study An Example Explainer Video Script To Help You Produce Your Scripts
Here’s an example explainer video script created on a very popular hair re-growing product currently on the market:
Use The Equate Regrowth Hair Treatment For A Thick Full Head Of Hair Now!
Bob looks into the mirror each morning and sees his thinning hair on the top of his head.
He longs for the days when he had a thick head of hair to run his fingers through.
He misses the days when people complimented him on the thick curly locks he use to have.
Luckily, there is a solution: Equate Hair Regrowth Treatment.
This proven hair regrowth treatment can make Bob’s thinning hair on the top of his head regrow.
All Bob has to do is use this treatment twice a day. And within 30 days, his hair starts to regrow.
And within 90 days, his hair is thick and full in those thinning areas.
Now when Bob looks in the mirror, he sees a thick, full head of hair and so can you.
Head over to the nearest Walmart in your area now to find the Equate Hair Regrowth Treatment or visit: http://www.walmart.com.
Did you notice how the above example explainer video script puts to use the basic elements of the explainer video script format?
These basic elements are:
- introduce the problem
- introduce the solution
- create a call to action
These three basic script elements are simple but powerful. And when used properly, they’ll help you produce compelling explainer video scripts to sell your products or services.
The keys to creating your awesome explainer video scripts are: develop a great creative brief, learn the basic video script format, and study good examples of explainer video scripts.
If you follow these simple guidelines, you’ll be producing great explainer video scripts for your products and services like a professional writer in no time. And you will sell a lot more of your products and services as well.
Creating the content you need can be a time consuming and frustrating process. But it doesn’t have to be because I’m here to help you. Contact me today for the content you need!