51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide named video as the type of content that produces the best ROI for them than any other type of content, according to Hubspot.
This is a remarkable statistic when it comes to using video content to effectively market your products and services.
To get the most benefit from using video content to market your products and services, all you really need to understand are some of the basics of creating good video content.
This article will provide you with 4 basic but powerful tips to help you to produce better video content to sell a lot more of your products and services.
1. Develop A Solid Creative Brief To Guide Your Video Content Creation Efforts
This creative brief will help you to get your creative ideas flowing and act as your guide throughout the video content creation process. In developing your creative brief, what you need to do is plan out the key elements of the video content you’re creating.
Your creative brief should answer such question as:
- What market are you reaching out to?
- What are your product/service features?
- What are your product/service benefits?
- What will be your content’s call to action?
Your creative brief can be as detailed or concise as you like. But just be sure to cover at least these key areas above in your creative brief for the best results.
2. Start Your Video Off With A Powerful Bang To Grab Your Viewers Attention
You only have 15 seconds to grab your viewers attention or you’ll lose them, according to YouTube. Here are three tips to help you start your video with a powerful bang:
- Give your viewers a preview of what’s to come: Take a quick lesson from Hollywood movies and provide your viewer with a preview of the attraction that’s coming. And intrigue them with those attractions so that they want to see how the story ends.
- Use the power of questions to grab your viewer: Another powerful way to start your video is with a direct question to your viewers. For example, if your viewers are high school football quarterbacks you could say: “what would it mean to your game if you could throw a football like Tom Brady does?”
- Present a problem that your video will solve: Start your video by outlining a clear and pressing problem that your market has and then present your video, and the product or service you’re marketing, as a solution to the problem your market has.
If can grab your viewers in the first 15 seconds, you can get them to watch your full video as long as you provide them some kind of value for their time investment.
And the best way to grab the attention of your viewers is to always open your video content with a powerful bang.
3. Use The Power Of Storytelling To Connect Emotionally With Your Viewers
Stories are a strong and emotional part of the human journey and experience. The magic and beauty of storytelling comes from telling a compelling story using a creative story structure.
Here are three basic elements that a compelling and creative story structure needs to have:
- Characters: Characters are the core of a compelling story. And be sure to present your characters in a manner that your viewers can easily relate to by being able to walk in the shoes of your character. Too, your characters can be people, products, or services.
- Conflict: No great story would be complete without some form of conflict. That conflict is the problems and challenges the characters in your story face. How does this conflict and challenge make your characters feel? Why does this conflict need to be resolved?
- Resolution: How did the characters in your story resolve the problems and challenges that they faced? What was the main takeaway from the story that the characters learn from resolving the conflict? What’s moral of the story?
Develop your storytelling skills by reading good novels and carefully studying movies as well.
Study how these writers develop and use characters, develop conflict, and resolve conflict. Learn all you can about the art of storytelling from these books and movies.
Then use the storytelling skills you develop, and the magic power of the story, to more effectively market your products and services using powerful video content.
4. Make Your Video Stand On Its Own Feet Without Any Sound
85% percent of all Facebook videos are viewed silently without any sound. In addition, many businesses are now creating videos that can stand alone visually without using any sound at all.
And while using sound may be a key part of your video creation process, if you can create a video that people can follow without using sound, you’ll simply make your video much more effective when your sound elements are added.
Here are a few guidelines to help you:
- Create visually stunning title pages and other visually creative video props that relate to your video subject matter to help make it easier to understand and remember.
- Develop a text outline for your video that you intersperse with your audio to help your viewers follow your ideas.
- In your text outline, create visual text cards for each of the main sections of your video with the key points for that section clearly outlined or bulleted.
- Create a video swipe file and take notes anytime you watch a great video that tells a story using good visual elements.
Plus, be sure to test your visual elements by watching your video with the sound turned off. If you can clearly get the message of your video, you have done a great job with your visual elements.
To create an effective video content that helps you sell your products or services, use these four tips: develop a solid creative brief, open your video with a powerful bang, use the power of storytelling, and make your video stand on its own feet without any sound at all.
Now use these tips to create some awesome video content take advantage of the staggering results that many businesses are achieving using the powerful medium of video content to sell their products and services effectively.
Creating the content you need can be a time consuming and frustrating process. But it doesn’t have to be because I’m here to help you. Contact me today for the content you need.