Would you open a window and then start throwing money out of that window? More than likely you wouldn’t.
But, in essence, this is exactly what you’re doing if you are not repurposing your blog posts into other formats.
In addition, you can also reach new markets by repurposing your blog because some of the people in those markets may prefer to watch or listen to your blog post as a video or podcast rather than as written content.
And the process of repurposing your blog posts will save you a ton of time and energy, as well as giving you more marketing muscle from each blog post you create.
You’ve made an investment in the creation of your blog posts. So, why not capitalize on that investment for a much greater return? Here are three easy ways to do this:
1. Turn Your Blog Posts Into E-books To Generate A Massive Amount of Leads
One simple but effective way to repurpose your blog posts is to turn them into ebooks. You may have heard that ebooks are dead in 2018 but don’t believe this for one minute.
Many companies are using ebooks very effectively as lead generating magnet.
One company that does this exceptionally well is HubSpot. They have an awesome library of ebooks that they use to generate a ton of leads for their sales funnels.
To turn your blog post into ebooks, take these steps:
1. Select your best performing posts for repurposing into e-books because they are already proven winners.
2. Use your post as your ebook outline and expand and update the material in each section for your ebook.
3. Format your ebook in PDF form and add your table of contents and your charts and graphs.
4. Create a cover for your ebooks using a professional designer that you can find on Upwork at a reasonable rate.
In addition, to using your ebooks to generation a massive amount of leads, you can also use them as a direct profit center, and as a way to showcase your industry expertise and authority to help gain new business.
2. Turn Your Blog Posts Into Video Content To Capitalize On This Hot Trend
Video content is currently one of the fastest growing content mediums in existence. Plus, it’s one of the most effective marketing content types available.
Here are some remarkable video statistics:
- 83% of businesses using video say it gives a good ROI
- 97% say it helps users understand their business better
- 94% of businesses see video as an effective tool
- 81% of businesses saw an increase in sales
One reason for video contents effectiveness is because it’s a more intimate and personal nature.
And you can easily turn your blog posts into video content that you can embed into your blog posts and market your business on places like YouTube and Facebook.
Here’s all you really need to get started now:
- a good quality smartphone to record
- a tripod to hold smartphone steady
- a good lavalier microphone to record
- a very good interior lighting system
Using these simple low-cost items, you can actually produce some really great video content for your business.
The first key to producing a great video is your script. Your script will be based on your blog posts. But you don’t want to just read your blog posts to do your video.
While you should develop and learn a full script, your delivery script should be just a bullet outline that you can improvise on as you record your video. This will make your video sound more natural and personal.
3. Turn Your Blog Posts Into Podcasts So Your Readers Can Listen To Your Content
Podcasting rate of growth has increased for the past few years. Respondents reported $119M in revenue for 2016, and it expects 2017 to bring in $220M, an 85% year over year increase, according to a study by Interactive Advertising Bureau.
Like video content, podcasting has exploded onto the content scene. Here are a few statistics on podcasting as a powerful new marketing medium:
- 112 million Americans have listened to a podcast
- 67 million Americans listen to podcasts monthly
- 42 million Americans listen to podcasts weekly
- 52 percent of podcasts are listened to at home
Many of your best blog posts can be easily turned into podcasts.
In fact, all you really need to start podcasting today is a good lavalier microphone, some editing software like Audacity, and a podcasting host like SoundCloud or Google Play.
And many of your best blog posts can be easily turned into podcasts. Here are some tips to help you with your podcasting:
- optimize your podcast titles and descriptions
- send your podcast to feeds such as iTunes
- embed your podcasts into your blog posts
- use a bulleted script to sound more natural
Too, remember, you do not have to go through all the effort and expense of producing a regular podcast show to use this marketing method for your business.
There’s no need to do this at all.
You can simply just share your podcast with your regular readers by embedding to them in your posts and sharing them on the social media channels you use.
And many of the people who find your podcasts in various feeds like iTunes will become regular readers of your blog. So, you’ll find new markets and audiences from your podcasting efforts.
Repurposing your best blog posts are a great way for you to capitalize on the investment you’ve made in your blog posts.
And three easy ways to do this are to turn your best blog posts in ebooks, video content, and podcasts, which will allow you to break into new markets because some people would rather watch or listen to your content than read it.
So, stop throwing your money out of an open window by not repurposing your blog posts. And get started using these three easy and effective ways of repurposing your blog posts today to get a greater return on your investment.
Creating the content you need can be a time consuming and frustrating process. But it doesn’t have to be because I’m here to help you. Contact me today for the content you need.